Audio Research Ref 110 vs. ARC HD220

Has anyone heard these two amps side by side. I am familiar with technical/theoretical differences, but I have yet to hear them in a way where I could compare. I know the 110 is all tubes vs the hybrid design of the HD220. I have an LS26 and a CD3 MkII already. I currently own Vandersteen 3a sigs and am strongly considering the Vandersteen quatros. Given my equipment what are your thoughts about those two amps. I am concerned about the 110's out capabilities since I occasionally like to listen at loud volume levels. Both speakers are in essentially the same price range so price is of little issue. I have yet to see/read a review of the 220 and I know the 110 has been enthusiastically acclaimed.
Thanks for your input.
128x128jhconnor

Showing 1 response by benzmerc

Has anyone heard HD220 with VT150 monos side by side.  I have yet to hear them in a way where I could compare. I know the VT150 is all tubes vs the hybrid design of the HD220. I have an Ref 3. I currently own Apogee Duetta Signature. Given my equipment what are your thoughts about those two amps. I am concerned about the VT150's out capabilities since I occasionally like to listen at loud volume levels. I have yet to see/read a review of the 220 or the VT150.
Thanks for your input.