Audio Research Mark 1or 2, Super Tubes or rolling?

I am putting together an AR system and opinions are very devided about the newer AR equipment that uses the new "Super Tubes" or rather their older mark 1 components that are designed for tube rolling. Which sound better? I know that is a relative question. I have heard both at different times, but never done a side by side comparison. Some like the warmer, more tube sound of the Mark 1 series while others like the newer sound of the newer Mark 2 components. I would like some opinions of which you prefer and what your experiences are with the newer and older AR series. Thanks.
dougd1015

Showing 3 responses by dougd1015

Thanks for your response Rsorren1. I am thinking of trying something a little different this time and try the Martin Logan electrostats Vantage speakers. I have owned the humble, yet nice SP 16 before and I really thought it was a wonderful entry level tube pre. I am sort of staring over again.
Thanks for your response Rsorren1. I am thinking of trying something a little different this time and try the Martin Logan electrostats Vantage speakers. I have owned the humble, yet nice SP 16 before and I really thought it was a wonderful entry level tube pre. I am sort of starting over again.