Audio Research GS150 vs REF150 SE

Hi all. 
Has anyone compared those 2 units. Are they sonically identical. There are 10 GS for sale here on agon.
I am considering replacing my Classic 120 monos (modded by GNSC circa 2005) with either one.
My speakers are Verity Audio Parsifal Encore. An ARC dealer told me that I would be going sideways as the 120’s have more current “output” than the GS and REF which my Parsifal need. 

How do you determine the current output of a tube amp as manufacturers (tube or SS) do not spec those in their data sheet. Same dealer said to better my 120’s I should consider a stereo SS amp in the 200w/ch range or go with ARC REF250 SE. I can not sport the funds for the 250’s and would like to stay with tubes (fewer than the 120’s and 250’s) as I have a REF3 LE and REF2 phono (also modded by GNSC circa 2010).
Food for thought!!!
smoffatt

Showing 1 response by skytop

I had the REF 150SE amps and recently have moved into the GS150. I have never regretted selling the 150SE amps.
Forget about anyone referring to 'magic.'  That is total nonsense. The GS150 amp really delivers the goods without any need for 'magic.'
The GS150 is a far more advanced amp that previous generations like the 150SE.  It is a balanced configuration and required a balance preamp.The GS150's 155 watts provides more than adequate power with generous headroom from its four KT150 output tubes.  provides tonal richness, full bass response, and an uncanny ability to create a sense of 3 dimensional space. Its sound is liquid, sweetly musical and so very engaging. The texture of the instruments was impressively tactile and so very realistic. There is no harshness or hard analytical edginess, whatsoever.  This GS150 provides true high end audio experience.
Also, he cosmetics of the GS are awesome. The giant three illuminated meters are gorgeous and very functional. The new ARC style is a winner.