Audio research d-110 owners

I’m looking at possibly getting one if it’s compatible with my thiel cs 3.6. How is the sound and can it handle the thiels that basically live in the 2.5 ohm area in a major portion of its frequency?
thoft
Well this isn’t a direct answer, but I use a ARC Classic 60 to run my Thiel CS 2.4’s with ease, I use the 4 ohm tap and it sound great.

I know the 3.6’s are notoriously difficult to drive, but ARC gear just works on mine.

be warned, you may need to replace the large caps at the very least.  I used KEMET power filter caps, high quality but $50 a cap for my unit. Also you need to be comfortable biasing the amp if it doesn’t self bias, or send it to match.  

The Audio research D-110 is a solidstate unit. These early solistate units tend to sound bright. They would definitely not be my choice for an Audio Research amp. Audio Research is known for their tube gear. Just about any of the tube amps are going to sound a lot better. Take the Classic 60, that is an excellent sounding amp that can be picked up for a very good price.

My mistake I thought it was a tube amp. 
I agree if it’s bright stay AWAY. been there done that. 
Right now I’m currently using an adcom 5800 just trying to stick with solid state amp and do a hybrid pre. Like I said the thiels need tons of current reserves and power. On the thiel thread they kind of say no tube amps. Unless you’re getting those incredibly huge expensive ones.

I would do a search of peoples systems for Thiel. See what other people are using to drive them. There is also a Thiel tread, you can ask for suggestions. jafant is a nice guy and I am sure he can help. You want to find an amp that is a good match for your speakers. System synergy is very important.

A lot of them are using amps that are out of my price range to get. I’m in the thread. I’m only 22.
Thiels are known to be a little thin sounding. I'd put a nice juicy sounding amp on that loudspeaker. Parasound A21 or one of many tube amps (Not ARC).
That’s one of the amps I’m looking at besides mark levinson. I actually got to talk to the parasound ceo which many positive bits of information to help facilitate Tom came out of. Very down to earth guy.