Audio Research AR 5600 MkII

Does anyone know anything at all about the Audio Research AR 5600 MkII Limited Edition receiver?

I have an opportunity to pick one up for next to nothing, in working condition (a little bit of cleaning required) and am wondering if anyone has experience with it.

I can't seem to find anything about it at all on the 'net.

Any information would be appreciated.(quality, reliability, sound, wpc etc)

thanks in advance
loose

I have one. It was a collective purchase with my siblings. It was purchased circa 1976 at a downtown Toronto hifi dealer. I can still visualize the black & white advertisement flyer that lured us to pool our money- $699 (CAN) for the receiver and speakers. 

I am now the sole owner of this terrific sounding receiver. Had the tuning control components professionally repaired and circuitry cleaned. 

Using it as a second system streaming Sonos to my Elac’s and Maggie’s. 
it’s magical to me. 

I tried posting a pic but it wouldn’t let me paste it 

I inherited this exact 350W made in a Korea old analog receiver from my mother’s estate. It is an oldie but goodie. I have it in my garage and it pumps my old Fidelio speakers. It takes about 5 seconds to warm up. it crackles a bit when adjusting volume and the tuning knob creaks a bit when selecting stations. I estimate that it is from about 1978 or so. Did you end up buying it 12 years ago?

well, i went to have a closer look and although the inside was clean and it ran a set of cheap speakers that were lying around for a short while, it developed very bad distortion within a few minutes of playing.

...decided it wasn't worth any battle.
Loose - Check out www.arcdb.ws - Audio Research database.
No such animal as an ARC receiver.
for some reason, i also seem to recall seeing such a product when i was younger... It's all very vague, though...

wish i could find ANY information on it.

I guess i'm just going to have to try it out and see how it performs.
i'm going to have to take a closer look at it. It seemed to be fairly hefty and robust.

Rgurney.. are you certain they never did? Do you have a link to an archive perhaps?
ARC never made such a product. I suspect it was made on the far side of the Pacific rim but a company which somehow borrowed the AR name.