Audio Research and Acme Audio Labs fuse

I’m toying with the idea of going down the rabbit hole of upgraded fuses.  Looking over the usual contenders I stumbled across Acme Audio Labs. Their philosophy of best bang for the buck certainly appeals to my wallet (@$20 a fuse).  One caveat, however, is they warn that their fuses aren’t for all components.  Specifically gear with “no inrush protection“ will cause their fuse to blow prematurely.  So my question to those reading this: 1) Any experience with Acme Audio Lab fuses, 2) do they “play well” with ARC, and 3) does ARC gear typically have inrush protection?  I’ll be experimenting with the fuses of a LS 27, PH 7, and a pair of VT 150 mono amps.

cmcdaniel5
Stick to the fuse rating that came with the component. Using a higher amperage fuse is risking serious damage/fire!
I have said this before and I will say it again: the sound of any audio component starts with its power supply - not with anything before it - fuse, power cord, wall outlet! 
At $20 per fuse, isn't the risk/reward ratio in your favor?

What is the worst thing that could happen?  Fuse blows and
is replaced.
What is the best outcome you could experience?  Great sound
and enhanced musical enjoyment.

Try the fuses or don't try the fuses...
What is the worst thing that could happen? Fuse blows and
is replaced.

is that really the worst that can happen???  ... says the chicken as it crosses the road
Yes the fuse, IEC and AC wire are all part of the power supply. Yes the power cord is part of the power supply. The quality of incoming AC impacts the sound and is indeed part of the signal path. If you don’t think so, then try playing music without these parts in place.

Based on the Acme Fuse verbiage I would buy the QSA Light Blue fuse from the Tweak Geek. They are $70. You will hear a nice sound quality improvement. Use the same value as the one in there now. If you don’t hear the sound improvement after a week or so, then just return it for a refund