Audio Research 610T

I need help, my left amps running problem.
Turned on Standby mode , a minute later found breaker trip.
Reset breaker , power on and found my speaker humming , check V2 section all tubes glowing very strongly across the plate - very blueish ,
check bias V2- 0,
check bias on all V2 tubes, v4,v6,v8,v10,v12,v14,v16  and so on all read 120.
V1 ok.
I replaced V18 with new tube , same problem.
Need advise , thanks.
I have to call ARC on Monday.
Chris
csng1

Showing 4 responses by csng1

Well, i found out the problem was a PRC SM186 1.0 resistor beside the V2 6550c, blown out, checked both fuses 2 and 4 amps OK.
I cannot find any seller for the resistor , probably will need to order from ARC, which i think is better. I wonder is there other issue , or what should i check for after replacing this resistor.
Thanks Guys, i could solder the resistor in no big deal, but finding the part is , i waiting for ARC to reply as regards to the part, i need PRC SM186 1.0 - 4 wires there is another small resistor soldered together with the PRC SM186.
Yes , i do have back up amp that is my old Krell FPB600. Have it fo rover 15 years never fail ,well ARC is my first power tube amp, for the sound i don't mind the trouble unless i have the $$$ to get the Pass labs XS300 or 150. living with 610T for 9 months now, i ready love it so is my wife. I even bought 36 spares 6550sed c winged before it when out of stock. So plenty of tubes for another many years to come. So is my Aesthetix Callisto eclipse and IO sgn. time to time very little problem, all tubes bounce to have problem.
Anyone knows where to get parts? i should buy 10 for spare
Chris
ARC service dept, definitely is very slow in replying cannot reach them on phone, Aesthetix is great company , no problem calling them at all, i am trying to buy the the Power resistor,
I found supplier here but not sure this is the right one
3W wirewound resistor http://www.precisionresistor.com/SM186-3W-Wire-Wound-Precision-Power-Resistor.html

Anyone know this is right Power resistor to be replace for 610T on V2.
I replaced the resistor and replaced new tube in V4 using the old V4 tube into V2, the last V2 was shorted, but i forgot to identify matching, V4 to V2 , so after powering V4 glow strong Red light across the plate , then it blew the V4 and all the resistors in V2 and V4 . Now i have it replaced but need to check making sure V2 and V4 must match , that i need to bring to my friend place to set , as i do not have the equipment , probably need to buy one. Any one have any solution to this, was it the new Tube not matching problem after i replaced the resistor , all measuring on the resistor matches all others ARC original resistor. After listening to ARC for 10 months as compare to Krell , Krell is so much lesser in music .
Thanks looking forward to get your advise.