Audio research 100.2 any good ?????

I am thinking of buying a audio research 100.2 amp . I am driving monitor audio silver 8 speakers and want a nice warm sound . Is the audio research a good amp @ only 100 watts per channel , or should i step up to a parasound a21 ?
nesto719
+1 @stringreen .....I agree.  I owned the ARC 100.2 and although it was quite good in the day, I think it resting on its laurels now and has a nostalgia attached to it.  There are better amps out there now IMHO.   Ayre, Belles, Blue Circle to name a few.  That being said, I've always liked their preamps and tube integrateds.  Regards.....

Hello.  Funny, I've never responded to a thread here, only bought and sold equipment.  Don't forget some of the great tube integrated's available.  I turned my best friend onto the Rogue Magnus integrated with KT120 tubes, plus phono pre!  He has the KEF50 on stands.  I know, more dollars, but that is a killer stopping point for an integrated.  Btw, I owned the 300.2 with Proac speakers, and now Sonus Faber Liuto's.  At first I loved the 300.2 but slowly it was missing something.  Before that, I had some Quicksilver 8417 monos into an Audio Research sp6 (first real system for me). Now I am all audio research with a Ref 75 amp.  Just saying, don't discount the modern tube designs. They are killer, more musical, and relatively easy.  

Thereis an AR 100.2 for sale right now. 

The sller had 2 and I bought the other one. 
Make him an offer, he seamed preaty reasonable and honest. 

Good luck.
I have been lucky enough to own some of the best while working in the Audio business and before and after.  That said, the 100.2 is very good.  Of the two I had one had a transformer buzz that did not come through the speakers but was noticed at very low late night listening.  I had a decent system using this amp which included a CJ ART pre and MG-20 Magnepans and all Wireworld Gold Eclipse connects and wire.  It was one of the more enjoyable systems in my history.