Audio Note Spkrs

Who here owns Audio Note spkrs? What can you tell me about them? What have you compared them to and why did you choose Audio Note?
128x128mdeblanc

Showing 3 responses by ahmet1969

I could not agree more to Willrobbins. I am also an AN-E HE owner and they are everything a music lover would ask for. Very musical and do cope with everything from rock to choral music. I owned at least 10 speakers before and never this contend. I still listen to many alternatives because infected with the disease like many others but never able to find anything this satisfactory. I used to listen occasionally to classicals because this kind of music do not sound very well on every disc with other components, but with AN it never fails to amaze. Everyday it is Chopin, it is Stravinsky, it is Mahler, it is Satie now. Do yourself a favor and meet somewhere with this enchanting brand. And no neither my front end nor the amps are AN. And yes I did a/b comparisons with Coincident, Harbeth, Wilson, Von Schweikert, Dali and Escalante Design. And by chance I am also a former Proac 3.8 owner.
Mdeblanc,

It is not a kit, I bought it from a dealer. Another thing you must be aware is that the speakers really need to burn to sound their best. So any comment before 500 hours is premature. What is funny the a/b test with the other speakers were done on brand new speakers. About the amplificarion, till now I drove them with three different amp, antique sound, an e otto integrated, an e quest monoblocks and tom evans lineer a, all produced very good results, but at the end I chose to keep my antique sounds (maybe again because the an amps i tried were not burned properly, that is burn in is a major issue with an than I know any other brand) But the main point is I see and experience no reason why they should not sound good with quality components.
Mdeblanc,

I am in Turkey so it would not help. But I know Amhearst Audio (Bob Neill) and Audiofederation do carry the line in the states so they may suggest you something. I had great help from ahearst audio web site when I was considering AN products and Bob is really avery kind and helpful guy. He is also a very reliable sourceƧ

Regards,