Audio Note M6 vs ARC Ref 3 Preamps...

I would appreciate any insight from fellow audiophiles who have experience with ARC Ref 3 preamp vs Audio Note M6 or M8 preamps. (I realize there is a significant price difference, especially with the M8. However opinions would be welcome)

Thanks
musicdesign

Showing 1 response by 6550c

I agree with Brawny's assesment of AN. The only dealer near me is the last store left in a run-down strip mall with foot deep holes in the dirt/sand/ old paved parking lot, and the store's owner can't figure out why people arn't just driving up and buying multi thousand dollar products like it's candy, or something use once and throw away. The store only has a few entry level ANote products, all look cheap and somewhat home made and the sound is closer to AM radio. I have asked the store owner why he has never tried to carry Audio Research and he just rolls his eyes and looks angree and tell me how crappy sounding ARC is. This store and the owner has totally lost touch with reality and does no service to any brand. Mfg like ARC wouldn't let product near this store.