Audio note Dac question

Hi

I don't hear much talk on the Gon about the Audio Note Dac kits. I know they may be a bit dated but they still look interesting to me. I am in the market for a new dac and really like building kits when ever I can. I was considering either the 2.1 or the 3.1 kit. If anyone can shed some light on them it would be a great help.

I am also considering the Benchmark Dac 1 usb. I had one when they first came out with the NE5555 opamps and ended up selling it. I wasn't that impressed with it at the time, then again the system I have now is much better than what I had. I have also heard they sound better with the LM4562 opamps.

Thanks for the help
Frank
128x128fc911c

Showing 10 responses by fc911c

Hi,

Thanks for sharing that it looks like a very nice Dac. I don't think I would be able to take mine to your level but you sound very happy with it. I was thinking of starting with the 2.1A and go from there. The 497 transformers would be something I might consider later on.

What would you say the best upgrades would be for the 2.1A on a budget?

Thanks
Frank
Hi Kijanki
thanks for clearing that up. It has been a while LOL. I know what you mean, sometimes my system sounds different on different days.
Thanks Rodge, sorry you had to part with it. Exactly what caps were changed on the M2 board?