Audio Grade Fuse, Anyone?

With all the money that most of us spend on upgrading power cords, is there any left for the fuse that is omnipresent in all the components, that little piece of necessary evil that all current flows through? Is it worth researching into? Care to share your experience?
opusone
Hi Rodman

I actually posted where to get the infinity power when they first come out. Here is a reprint of my original post:

“Some audiogon members have contacted myself for details of the "Power Matrix" that I mentioned in this thread sometime ago. The Power Matrix has now been discontinued and replaced by a new series "Infinity Power", selling for a high price of something like US 50 per piece. The only dealer that I could trace who carry these is a distributor located in the Far East. Audiophiles are known for their craziness but I am not sure if anyone would go the distance to get a fuse from overseas. I am including the details for information anyway:

Audio Link (H.K.) Ltd.
Email : [email protected]

The limited information on the promotional materials refers that these use precious metals as conductor and housed in a quartz tube for micro-vibration and EMF absorption, etc.

Available rating is 0.25A, 0.5A, 1A, 2A, 3A, 4A, 5A, 6A, 8A, 10A, 15A, 20A.
Standard fuse size is 20 mm , 25 mm or 30 mm.

There will probably some overseas shipping and remittance / paypal surcharge. Remember to remind the dealer to package it well to avoid breaking these during shipment.”

What I understand is, the infinity power has extended to more expensive premium models since my original post. My samples on hand are the originals and sound very good. Still I found the Hi-Fi Tuning silver filament fuse a little livelier.

I shall be around Hong Kong after mid October. If you cannot get hold of these through the dealer I may be able to help.
I should also mention that, I am not sure if the reason that the Infinity Power has not been introduced to the US market has anything to do with meeting the safety standards. As I remember it, the packaging of these fuses does not accompany specifications other than fuse value and length.
I've just returned from a trip to the Far East, where a dealer friend of mine gave me an audition of the latest power house fuses against both the original and latest HFT fuses in a cd transport. The magnitude of improvement given by the platinum plated version was in line with Gonzalo's posting. Distribution appears somewhat elusive however they're well worth checking out if you get the chance
Colesey, perhaps these are the fuses being imported to the US by Lotus Group.