Audio Desk Systeme RCM - what's been your experience?

Hi All,

I have owned an ADS RCM for a little under 3 years. During that time, I've been able to work through my 3500 LP collection at a cleaning rate that just wasn't possible with my former RCM, the reputable VPI 16.5...so, in general, because of the ease and effectiveness of cleaning LPs, I've savored my time with the ADS RCM.

That is until now...

"Both the pump and ultrasonic transducer are failing" was the diagnosis delivered by the US distributor after the RCM abruptly stopped working. Essentially DOA...and out of warranty.

Before I formulate my next move, I'd love to hear from current or former owners of ADS RCMs - what have been your experiences with the reliability of the Audio Desk Systeme RCM?

Thanks for your time - appreciated!
soulbrass
My suggestion:
Audio Desk Systeme clean.
Rinse with reagent grade water on VPI. 
Despite my problems with the earlier ADS machine, I think they have solved it and rinsing cannot hurt.
@terry9 : extremely helpful on several fronts.
I don't want to hijack @soulbrass 's topic about reliability of the ADS, so perhaps we can start another thread on the DIY approach. 

Soulbrass, at least from my experience with both the ADS and KL, the commercially branded "audiophile" solutions like the ADS and KL are both pretty well thought-out machines that are effective record cleaners; that Robert Stein who brings ADS into the States has been very good about supporting the ADS here;  that some of the customer problems of the ADS may have been due to the fact that the machine was a pretty innovative, early effort to address a " complete one step solution" for record cleaning, but with the rollers and computer functions to activate it, is more complex than a plain vanilla ultrasonic bath. (I gather that the "Pro" version embodies improvements, but haven't used it). But, to me,  part of the answer to your question about "what next"  is a digression into DIY, which isn't just about a cheaper alternative (though it can be) but a more effective one, for some of the reasons stated. You might consider exploring that path as well. 
whart - by no means am I discounting the DIY approach (and thanks to those who have shared their ideas)...

...but my original question was specific to the ADS RCM because I haven't yet decided if I should take advantage of the distributor's exchange/upgrade offer...a decision that would require essentially a "re-investment" in ADS.  The convenience of the ADS RCM is addicting but I am loath to begin a cycle of replacing a [not inexpensive!] RCM every 3 years.  Just trying to inform my decision.
Well, your existing unit is dead, and costly to repair, I gather, so if the price difference isn’t crazy to trade in on a brand new unit, assuming transferable warranty, you could always sell it, no? I don’t think enough time has passed to make any meaningful assessment of the longer term reliability of the new "Pro" unit. (I also don’t know if some of the industrial/medical type units are cheaper to repair with replacement parts reasonably priced and available for repair in the field, rather than sending back to the factory, a question that I have now added to my own list for due diligence on those).
Just in case anyone is interested, I use the Elmasonic P60H, and think it to be a highly cost-effective solution for cleaning two records at a time.

Furthermore, I defy anyone to get records as clean, without one. I tried cleaning 4 records at a time with 18 mm spacing. They cleaned up beautifully, no trace of soiling, etc.  But then, after cleaning 2000 records this way, I did the unfortunate test: two at a time. The result: grunge in the bottom of the tank after cleaning 12 records which had been previously cleaned 4 at a time in the same US machine. That's the objective evidence - subjective evidence is that they sounded far better.

I also did a few records (2 at a time) for the local high end store, and they were more than impressed on subjective sound. So, the jury is, as they say, in. Two at a time: 75 watts per record, 1.5 inch spacing.