Audio Desk Record Cleaner

Does anyone have info or experience with their new Ultrasonic Vinyl Cleaning System. I believe it retails for $3500. Don
donaudio

Showing 1 response by hfisher3380

I just picked up an Audio Desk a few days ago and let me tell you at an early stage I am absolutely loving this thing! I have been a happy, if somewhat tired, user of a Loricraft PRC3 for the past 2 years and a VPI HW-16.5 prior to that. The Loricraft in particular is an excellent machine and if you don't mind hovering over it for long periods of time then is difficult to beat. However, the convenience of the AD just cannot be overlooked.

Allow me to relate my story. I have stacks and stacks of vinyl purchased over the past few years and as-yet-unlistened. The reason? I absolutely insist on cleaning all vinyl new or used for both sonics and preservation of the cartridge - and I find myself less and less able to clean records - what with work and home life with two young children. Within the first 24 hours of owning the AD I already cleaned more vinyl than I had over the past few months with the Loricraft. Listened to a few of the records which had just been sitting there for years and one in particular absolutely knocked me off my socks.

The AD has already changed my listening habits. No longer do I have to plan a cleaning session - I can clean whatever album I choose while tending to other tasks. Heck, I can just choose an album spur-of-the-moment, pop it in the AD while the tubes are warming up and I tend to other matters - then come back to a clean slab of vinyl and warm tubes. It really is a god-send.

Now...I can only hope that all the kinks we read about in the earlier runs have been worked out and I can enjoy many years of headache-free clean records!