Audio Art spk cable to Signal Cable. Up to down?

Currently use Audio Art SC-5 speaker cable which is good to very good and is their entry level. I want to move up in sound quality across the board, especially musicality and high end smoothness

I was recommended Signal Cable's "Ultra" speaker cable which is also very reasonably priced, and also entry level.

My question..... Is this is just a side ways move and not a major step-up in sound. Signal Cable also offers the more expensive "Resolution" speaker cable. which I have never heard and which there are few testimonials or reviews about it. My speakers are Acoustic Zen Adagios
sunnyjim

Showing 2 responses by zd542

Why not Acoustic Zen speaker cables? You would have to think it would be a good match. I bet if you called them and asked for a recommendation, they would say the same thing. lol.
"Not sure why they're not in the lime light. I don't believe they advertise much."

A while back (early 90's, I think), the founder/designer of Straight Wire left the company and founded Wire World. I know Straight Wire is still in business, but I'm not sure if they have a new designer and have updated their product line since.