Audio Aero Prima 24/192 Mk II cd player......

I would like to have some opinions on this cd player .....

Your comments are appreciated.

Chris
bluebull

Showing 6 responses by bluebull

Hey,Warren,you really like the Prima ! Thats a good sign for me ...I am deciding soon.
Waiting for the verdict from someone who's Prima II is breaking in at the moment...
The rest of my system ...Pathos Logos,Merlin VSM-MM speakers,Merlin BAM(balanced and single ended) Ridge street Audio Poiema !! XLRs and Ridge Street Audio Poiema! sp cable.
The AA Prima IIs balanced inputs will be used and I like the idea of tubes in the output stage.....
Thanks for your inputs.
Please keep in mind that I am replacing a Mark Levinson 37 and 36s.Does the Prima Mk II have what it takes to compete with the Levinsons ? I have a gut feeling that a tube output cd player will suit my system well.I also need the balanced outputs .Not much to compete in the market at the pricepoint of the Prima with its features.
Not the Capitole Mk II ~ dont want to spend that large amount of money on a cd player.It would have been the logical purchase...
Is the Prima what I am looking for or am I expecting too much ...?
Matty ~ Thanks for the link on the ZBOX.Interesting concept.Not an option,since Levinsons sold,only RCA ,no balanced connection(My whole system runs balanced,RSA Poiema !! cables and Merlin BAM also XLR connection)Dont want to change any of these.

Grannyring ~ Resolution Opus.Have read very fovourable comments.Not distributed in my country.We have 230V,so an used option(110V) also, not on.Also,review by Hi Fi Plus not very favourable(The second time they reviewed the Opus. Not the first review.)
Have the new AA Prima cd player up and running.Connected balanced via Ridge Street Audio Poiema !! XLRs to my Gryphon Callisto 2100,driving my beloved Merlin VSM-MMs.

I think the Prima is FANTASTIC !! Quite a statement, considering it replaced the Mark Levinson 37 and 36s combination ....
Sent APL a mail once,regarding pricing on the APL modded Denon,unfortuanately,got no response...Then asked a friend who owns an APL Denon to ask the person at APL to kindly answer my mail.Turns out he thought I was an African scammer ... !! Did not want to answer my mail for that reason...
No "CE" marking on the APL,so import not possible...

Regards

"Nigerian scammer"