audio aero capitole cd player

I have an interesting question, at least to me it is. Anyone owned the capitole or heard it in a demo? It is said that it sounds as good as some of the really good turntable rigs. How good a turntable does it compare to? what turntable does it compare to...? A vpi scoutmaster? scout?

Also how close is the audio aero prima 24/192 with the capitole? 70% 85%? of its sound?
vertigo

Showing 1 response by mem916

The Audio Aero Capitole Mk II has been in my system for a few years now. It is a very fine CD player but it is not up to the task of equaling vinyl on a competent turntable/arm/cartridge properly set up. It wouldn't take the Well Tempered in my system, let alone the Versa. But all that said, there is an awful lot of good music that is sadly not availbe on vinyl. So I would say that a good CD player is a must. As is a good FM tuner for that matter - assuming you live near a station that actually puts some effort into broadcasting a good signal that isn't compressed all to hell. I'm lucky to have KPLU close by. And well, if you don't have a good turntable you won't know what your are missing. It's like everything else in this hobby. Until you hear something better than you've ever heard you can't really imagine how something could sound better. Well once you get to a certain level, of course.

That's enough rambling from me.