Audio Aero Capitole - 6021W subminiature tube ??

I would appreciate hearing from someone who can explain the performance of these tubes in the Capitole, including the typical life of the tubes, whether they are susceptible to becomming microphonic or noisy, and how to purchase or change them if necessary. I believe I read these are really small (like the diameter of a pencil) and that they are soldered onto the board. If that is true, is it then necessary to send the player back to the distributor or manufacturer if they need replaced, or are these readily available and set up for user installation? How many years is typical for the tubes to perform in the Capitole before replacement is necessary? Thanks.
mitch2

Showing 2 responses by mjglo

You said in a previous post your AA Cap had died, what was wrong with it? Congratulations on the upgraded caps, where did you have the work done? Where did you get the cryo Sylvanias? I found several Sylvanias and I was going to get them cryod but I'm not sure it's worth the trouble. I think it was more of a way to sell an upgrade to reference.

Thanks in advance for any info you can give,
Mike
I have the AA Cap Reference SE and my tubes are Philips, this does not mean the Philips sound better than the Sylvania, I think the Sylvania are just in short supply. I got some Sylvanias from Vacuum-Shop and another source from that part of the world. I contacted Tube World about getting mine Cryo treated but I'm just not sure it's worth it, Like I said, I think the Cryo might have been part of the selling point of the SE upgrade.