Audio Aero Capitole - 6021W subminiature tube ??

I would appreciate hearing from someone who can explain the performance of these tubes in the Capitole, including the typical life of the tubes, whether they are susceptible to becomming microphonic or noisy, and how to purchase or change them if necessary. I believe I read these are really small (like the diameter of a pencil) and that they are soldered onto the board. If that is true, is it then necessary to send the player back to the distributor or manufacturer if they need replaced, or are these readily available and set up for user installation? How many years is typical for the tubes to perform in the Capitole before replacement is necessary? Thanks.
mitch2

Showing 1 response by imin2u

I have the 24/192 and it sounds so great that I don't even worry about any of that. I've read that some have replaced the tubes themselves and others have had theirs replaced quickly.

I was running through transport's and dac's before this player and now I've been content for at least six months. Just buy it. Your cd's will sound far better then anything under $3500.

The only exception is that well recorded hdcd's still have a slight advantage on my Arcam 23T. Slight.