Audio Aero Capitole 192 MK II se upgrade

Good morning all,

I would like to know if anyone of you knows exactly what kind of capacitors and tubes you need to buy to upgrade the Capitle. Thanks
ssynphonic

Showing 4 responses by elberoth2

No I did not. To be honest, I do not really believe in all that cryo voodoo.
The SE upgrade is made by Globe Marketing. AFAIK they put teflon V-Caps, together with cryoed tubes and some symposium dampers. The upgrade costs $700 and is well worth the money. Replacing the caps by itself puts the player in different league in terms of resolution, transparency and microdynamics.

Although you can buy the caps and install them by yourself, you can't get cryoed tubes (unless you solder them off and send for cryogenic treatment).
Ssynphonic -> the best way to tell is to open up your Capitole. The Mk II I got uses Hovland MusiCaps .1uF/400V.

You may substituthe those for .1uF/600V V-Caps, as I did. I belive that those are used in Globe's SE mod.
Just two. My Capitole mk II used Hovland Musicap 0,1uF, your Reference prolly uses the same, but you have to check for yourself. Just replace them with same value, Teflon V-Cap capaciors. I belive they are 40 each.