Atmos Height Speaker Height...How High?

My ceiling is 22 feet high. I’ve read that the ideal height of an Atmos height speaker is 8-10 feet.
Is there any benefit to go to 15 or 20 feet high for the height speakers?
I'm upgrading to a processor with Atmos soon.
This is my room: https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/876
128x128mitch4t
Ah, I got it. You want to go from. 7.1 TO 7.1.4? I think that is correct.
Again, Atmos will correct anything. How it sounds when it's done, that's up to you. You can still fiddle with it afterwards. Might want to look at a little more bump in the middle, 7.2 or 4.4.

Yea that IRS system with active servo, is not gonna work right with an Atmos system.. I wouldn't want to try.. They are pretty nifty, I love columns, anyways. I've heard the IRS V also, after the crossovers were rebuilt.  That was a night and day thing for sure. I've heard at least 4 of the IRS Beta. I keep going to listen, to them, (they are for sale), but I can't seem to pull the trigger.

I heard a trinuarl, system with 4 servo bass columns, and 3 IRS Beta monitors. Completely analog. The outside monitors, rear sections were fitted with 3" thick very dense foam, top to bottom, the center was a wide open dipole. I liked that system.. 50,000.00 at the time WITH ampzilla power amps. One of the best at the time I'd ever heard. 1999 - 2003,
It wasn't Huge, HUGE, either, I could move all their columns, pretty easy..

I still have a pair of RS2B, 4Bs, two pairs of  .5 and 1. Infinitesimals (killer top surround speakers for sure).  Great little stand mount/bookshelf speakers. They are actually made to ceiling mount, come with mounting hardware. Early Infinity was HARD to beat... Still is for the money in my book.

Regards
Great Room and some really nice 2 channel gear.  
Question: Have you ever seen ceiling mounted speakers in a movie theater?  They mount on the walls up high but never that high.  I don't see a system correcting for something so far out of the "norm".  Many Atmos speakers use reflections to get the height speaker sound-upwards firing little speakers.  Could you hang speakers on a wire from your ceiling on 12 foot long wires-you could actually put them in light fixtures just like your hanging lights.  It would look awesome.  This is only for sound effects anyway.
Processors have Delay built in for all channels. Some set the distance automatically in the Room Calibration/Correction Software, but I have found those to not be accurate and generally works better to manually set the Delays.

This PDF may help guide you in your venture for placement:

https://www.dolby.com/siteassets/technologies/dolby-atmos/atmos-installation-guidelines-121318_r3.1.pdf