Atma-Sphere MA2 Mk2.3 / Krell KSA 250 / Passlabs?

Good Evening Fellow Audio Heads!

I'm upgrading my amps (will be a big step up from my NAD S200) which I still love dearly.

The amps that I have the choice to purchase second hand are:

Atma-Sphere MA2 Mk2.3 - AUD $9000
Pass Labs X250.5 = AUD $6995
Krell KSA 250 = AUD $3000

Now the Krell and Atma-Sphere are class A. The Pass labs A/B. Front End will be a Atma-Sphere MP1 Mk3. Speakers are the unfriendly Dynaudio Confidence 5 (no intention of changing these lovely speakers)

Can you please advise your thoughts on what amp would sound best in this situation. Music Reggae / soul / female vocals. What amp listed is the best value? I would say either the Atma-Sphere or the Krell. I have only heard the Pass-Labs in person and that sounded nice and smooth. I like detail in my music.

Many thanks for all your help as it's impossible to do A/B comparisons.

Cheers
Che
che13

Showing 2 responses by springbok10

I own the MA-2s and have owned Krells (KMA 160s) and have heard the KSA 250s: the AS MA-2s are, in my opinion in a different league. Furthermore, they easily drive my SP Tech Revelations, 4 ohm impedance, without any difficulty. I would grab the Atma-Spheres with both hands. You wont be sorry.
For what it's worth, Ralph saved me over $5,000 by pointing out that the MP-1 and MA-2 are so well matched that he defied me to tell the difference between $100 Mogami Neglex i/cs and my very expensive Purist Dominus i/cs. I tried them and he was right. There was zero, zilch difference, so I sold the Dominus and am equally happy with the balanced Mogamis. You may want to try them. Obviously that does not apply to speaker cables. Just an FYI.