Atma-Sphere Class D… Amazing

Today I picked up my Atma-Sphere Class D Amps. These aren’t broken in yet. And they are simply amazing. I’ve listen to a lot of High End Class D. Some that cost many times what Atma-Sphere Class D costs. I wasn’t a fan of any of them. But these amps are amazing. I really expected to hate them. So my expectations were low. The Details are of what I’ve never heard from any other amps. They are extremely neutral. To say the realism is is extremely good is a gross understatement. They are so transparent it’s scary. These amps just grab you and suck you into the music. After I live with them some and get them broken in. And do some comparisons to some other high end Amps Solid State, Tubes and Class D’s, also in other systems I’ll do a more comprehensive review. But for now, these are simply amazing amps.. Congrats to Ralph and his team. You guys nailed on these.

128x128pstores

reminder memo on not feeding the t-r-o-l-l-s 🤫

less noise is better, music comes through with greater purity!  😂

Another brand of class D monoblocks loose sound quality when stacked.

Do these Atma-Sphere loose any sound quality when stacked?

Thanks,

aldnorab

@aldnorab  What does “stacked” mean in your context?

I would be prone to only stacking one behind each speaker with a 1-2’ long cable connecting it up. But I think I am missing your point.

OP, did you say you had listened to some of the current generation Class non-GaN D amps from Hypex, Purifi, or Pascal?  Are those all ones you felt were dry etc.?

The only ones I have heard to date were the AGD, also GaN, not in my own system. They were completely clean, clear and enjoyable.

@pstores, the things similar to what you say about atmosphere class d amplifier was earlier declared in different threats in respect with the Peachtree GaN 400 and Voyager GaN 350 amplifiers, in particular. It is difficult to  visualize the extent of your observations without making a direct AB comparison with one of the above or other similar GaN amplifiers (these two are almost equivalent).  You mentioned about some Peachtree amplifiers that you had, but you didn't said if it was GaN 400 and if you did an AB comparison. That kind of report would really be useful.  Otherwise you are saying nothing particularly new. 

@holmz  I'm talking about stacking them on top of each other, on one rack shelf. The company that makes my class D amp often shows their monoblocks stacked. but reviewers and owners say it reduces sound quality. I tend to prefer short interconnects and longer speaker wires for system architecture.

Thanks,

aldnorab