ATI 6007 v. Krell Chorus

I'm finally going to 7.1, so I'v been searching or another amp for a few weeks. I wanted to stick w/ one unit, so I've been searching for a 7 channel. Currently using a Krell 5200 for all JTR speakers. I love it, getting 360rms into 4ohms. Sounds great, their 7200 is apparently plaugued w/ issues. And...I get bored and try to switch it up sometimes.

I came across an ATI 6007 amp. Specs look pretty amazing - was curious if anybody has knowledge/experience w/ one (or both) of these amps? The numbers look pretty great, and I could get all channels covered w/out adding a secondary amp, which is what I'm planning on doing for now. I am mainly HT/gaming, but I do love music. I usually listen about -20 or -18 MV, but will crank it when my connected neighbors leave.

I'm not really looking for input/recs for other amps - I just want to know opinions on the 6007. AND, I'm ill notice any sonic difference/benefits to using it versus the Krell.

Thanks guys!
128x128ethos4lyfe
Krell Chorus line is a very refined, but very smoothed out sound.  It really smooths over the high frequencies (it is not a high frequency resolution monster!). 

I have no direct experience with ATI, but I think it's going to be more neutral and carry more high resolution response and excitement.  It will likely have a bright sound in comparison with the Krell.  The ATI -might- sound a bit thin in comparison with the Krell because it's not Class A.  The Krell Chorus has that sliding bias Class A output.  It's tough to say because (like I said) I have no direct experience with this amp.
@auxinput Great, I will say - the Krell seems to provide a great bass response. When you say a bit thin - you don't think it would sound bad correct? Interesting you say that because I've read that my 8805 tends to roll off the high frequencies as well. So that combo is probably complimentary in that regard. I just love the idea of having all channels in one amp LOL. Having only heard the Krell in my setup, I anticipate a possible adjustment phase...but typically, I would think the amp would get out of the way. 
"a bit thin" is subjective. A drastic example would be comparing a Bryston 7b3 amp with Parasound JC1 in high-bias Class A mode. The Bryston is a very fast responding Class AB amp. The Parasound is Class A to 25 watts (which is pretty significant). The Parasound amp would sound a lot fuller, but in some ways slower. The Bryston would sound thin and weak in comparison. The Bryston would be a good pairing with a warmer preamp, such as a tube preamp or something.

If you’re using an 8805, then the ATI 6007 would likely be a much better "resolution" amp than the Krell (which does soften the highs). The Marantz 8805 is an excellent product, excellent power supplies and very strong full sound. Full bass with good impact in midbass/midrange. However, the 8805 definitely rolls off the high frequencies, so you’d want the highest resolution amp possible.

The 6007 is a massive power draw. As you know, it requires TWO 20 amp circuits (there’s two 20 amp IEC inlets). Also, it has 59,400µF power supply capacitance per channel, which is just HUGE for a 7-channel amp like this. I don’t think you’ll have any problems with bass on this amp.
Appreciate your help - you helped me w/ some amp questions years ago. So it seems that maybe I'll get some more highs with adding this amp - not a bad addition since I listen to music a bit more now, and love movies w/ very msuical soundtracks