ATI 1505 Multichannel or Adcom GFA 7700

Hey I am starting to move into tha multichannel amp upgrade and wanting to buy a good used amp. Can anyone please tell me what they think would be a better M/C amp they are listed for about the same price. ATI 1505 150 watt 5 channel or Adcom GFA 7700. Thanks, Brad.
bradley_

Showing 1 response by neogeo

I have ATI2505 with Paradigm Studio 40v.2 and they sound great. I have this two when they were first released around 2000 and still have them. Got the itch to go tubes and getting a ST-120 with KT-120 from Bob Latino to try with the Paradigm. My 2505 will drive almost anything, when i was auditioning them it was running then top of the line Paradigm Studio 100 and a Reference model i dont remember. Anyway the sound was great, very neutral. Before i compared them to some Quicksilver tube amp the dealer had and the ATI stood well, not as musical but like 80% there. Back then i was younger and movies with big explosions got the most of me. I say if you like movies and music equal then the ATI might suite you good. But if you prefer music more, Parasound is a good choice along with a good condition Proceed multiamp.