ATC SCM19 V2 Recommendations.

I recently purchased a pair of ATC SCM19 speakers and I just wanted to pick some brains.

I am not interested in advice on different speakers or very expensive options.

I am recently retired, on a fixed income and buy mostly used.

What I would like to get is some options for speaker cables, speaker stands, speaker placement and synergy with my current components.

My room is 12' x 18' x 9' and the speakers need to be placed on the 18' wall.

My current setup includes the following:

Musical Fidelity M6si integrated (220 w @ 8 ohms)

Tellurium Black speaker cables

Lumin D1 Streamer

Denafrips Ares II DAC

Distributed bass array with (2) Rel T5, (1) Rel T7i and (1) SVS SB2000 subs

128x128tony1954

Before you change your amp, streamer or DAC e.t.c the limiting factor here, IMO, is the speaker cables and stands. The Tellurium Black are good, I have owned them, but the Ultra Black II will open up the sound of this system a lot compared to the black. Or get Colin Wonfors LS-25 (Colin was the designer of all the Tellurium cables, and the LS-25 is the equivalent of the Ultra Black II, but sold direct at half the price).

Then put the speakers on good stands. The Solidsteel SS-6. You do not know what those ATC monitor speakers are capable of until you do this.

It seems like two quite expensive ancillary items, but you wont regret it and you will stay off the component swap merry go round.

@lonemountain 

Paradigm still builds in their own factory too. When I thought I needed to buy a new driver they said, nah, just send the old driver back we'll recone it and bring it back to specs! That was GREAT, and I came to realize the advantages of dealing with an old school, keep it in the house, brand.

Congrats on your speaker choice. I got a pair in late 2022 and love them. I followed ATC's recommendations for placement (equilateral triangle )

I use them with a Dynaudio 18s sub - which works very well.

I use Solidsteel stands

@agisthos 

I have contacted Elsdon Wonfors Audio regarding North American distributors but haven't heard back. Do you know of anyone selling them?

I live in Vancouver, Canada.

@tony1954 The cables are sold direct from the UK by ABCaudio dot biz

Contact them first to make sure they are currently shipping, as Colin’s business partner who manufactures and distributes the cables did recently have a health scare.