Assistance to place my Focal 1007 BE

Hi all, I have a narrow apartment, 4meters wide and about 8 meters long, but there is a stair well that goes down and also a small kitchen.

At one end is glass windows, covered by blinds

i have placed my speakers on their stands on one of the long walls (the wall that houses the stair well)

Can someone assist in telling me how far apart each speaker should be from rear wall, side wall and each other? Unforunately there isnt much room between the speakers and I when im on the couch (which is also hard against the rear wall)

The listening area would be about 6x4meters

Thanks
128x128dastrix

Showing 2 responses by dastrix

Thanks Saki, I will experiment with this.

I have my speakers apart as far as im from them - roughly. There is an audio cabinet etc/tv between the speakers though (cant avoid this) but i put a blanket over the TV

I have absorbtion panels behind each speaker and infront of each speaker on the other side, I might move these panels and fix them to the wall behind me.

I find the soundstage excellent on the 1007s thus far but they need a bit more fiddling :)

Thank you
Thanks, ive got them about 40cm from the wall and have a panel with accoustic insulation in them... They sound better after some experiementation last night