Asking suggestion for $15,000 audio system for classical music

Hello,
I am a new here. I am going to spend $15,000-20,000 to build an audio system for classical music only. Could anyone give me a list which you think is the best for this budget (including turntable, CD player, amplifier, speakers,  sub-woofer and cables)?
Thanks.
classicalguy

Showing 2 responses by mahler123

I listen exclusively to Classical.  The OP should allow for SACD capability, as Classical has kept the SACD medium alive and there are thousands of Classical titles in that medium I would therefore get a Universal Disc Player, such as the latest by Sony, Pioneer, or perhaps Yamaha 
I am being redundant, as the OP has stated that he has a lot of vinyl and no SACD or BluRay.  However, he is looking for a disc spinner, and given the sheer amount of Classical available in SACD and BluRay I would strongly (re)advise getting a Universal Player.  I can’t emphasize enough how good some of these discs sound, particularly in Multichannel.  He may, just for giggles like to experiment with vinyl vs CD vs SACD/Blu Ray of favorite recordings.  For example, I just obtained the DG Karajan/Berlin cycle on BluRay.  Even in 2 channel the sonic benefits are obvious—much more hall acoustic and reverberation.  Last night I was playing a Pentatone reissue of a 1970s Quad recording from DG (Christopher Eschenbach in Beethoven PCs 3/5 with Ozawa and Hans Werner Henze leading the Boston SO, and even on a midfi HT system the soundstage and detail are utterly believable (the SACD cost $3.99 from BRO).
  Universal Players run from $400 (Sony) to a grand (Pioneer and Yamaha), or he can spend in the stratosphere if he wishes with the usual suspects (Esoteric, etc).  If he prefers to use them as a transport into an external DAC they have digital outs.