Ask the local curmudgeon (me) anything related to tech or liquor. :)

I don't know that much about liquor, but I know what I like.

Best,

E
erik_squires
@clearthink : NO ONE has said they expect YOU or anyone else to take they're opinions, seriously or otherwise.

Probably the worst mind-altering 'substance' is the sense of ego that makes everything about 'you'.
^^^ "Everything in moderation" is a good motto to go by. Unfortunately, there are those who are prone to addictions and must be under the influence of their drug of choice (including alcohol) in order to have a good time. 

That reminds me, I'm almost out of Single Malt.

Frank

n80
"Probably the worst mind-altering ’substance’ is the sense of ego"

Ego is not a substance it is a concept it is not something you consume even the most ego driven individual stands a better chance at making good decisions and choices than someone who’s brain is corrupted, polluted, and addled with the mind altering drugs, alcohol, and intoxicants that are regularly, commonly, and routinely endorsed, promoted, and advocated hear.
@clearthink, said: " Ego is not a substance "

You don't say? Did you see the little '     ' things on either end of the word substance?

But otherwise you are totally correct as your username would (so ironically) suggest. Ego never gets anyone in trouble and is probably the very thing that would solve most of our cultural problems. I don't know what I was thinking. I must have been drunk.

One has to wonder what the ego to humor ratio is sometimes. In this case "inversely proportional" comes to mind.
n80"I must have been drunk"

Yet another forum user, poster, and contributor who's thinking, reasoning, and logic is weakened, compromised, and rendered useless by the use of chemical intoxications I feel sorry for you and the others similarly afflicted and I hope you get the help, support, and guidance that you need.