Artists you feel you can rely on, buy any new album unheard.

Now I've stopped upgrading, the music forum is my first port of call when I bring up the Audiogon site. There are so many discussions with different wording, but the same aim, to pass onto other readers our particular enthusiasms.

So if you're flicking through your Ipad looking for inspiration on the server, or idly checking physical albums, what artist or musician makes you stop? Most of us have favourites, where all their discs are a good listen, no duds, what are yours?

There is no limit on genre, except maybe popular not classical. I love classical too, but it will get too complex. So Jazz, Blue Grass, Singer Songwriter, Covers artists, folk, rock etc. I'll start with my suggestions, in no particular order. Partly because the order would be different next week anyway. If anyone asks for a good starting album, I will make a suggestion, perhaps other responders can do the same.

Alison Kraus,
Shawn Colvin, 
Nina Simone,
Gregory Porter,
Frank Sinatra, of course,
Kate Rusby
Jonatha Brooke
Stacey Kent,
Antonio Forcione 
Paul Carrack
Paul Rogers
Eliza Gilkyson
Joni Mitchell
Sara K

I look forward to exploring your suggestions.

david12
This kind of posts are my favorites-
many names I am totally ignorant of & I do look forward to listening to & seeing what I like.
Thanks to all of you who are willing to educate me- for free!
All it costs is my time!
It don’t get any better than this!
& I’m an old fart curmudgeon, not easily impressed.
Ryan Adams was canceled by himself:
Reports of Adams' alleged sexual misconduct and psychological abuse were first documented and published in February 2019. Several prominent musicians went on record about Adams' misconduct, including Adams' ex-wife Mandy Moore, Phoebe Bridgers, Liz Phair, and Karen Elson.
Chris Isaac
Tool
A Perfect Circle
Snarky Puppy
Van Morrison
Spoon
Robin Tower
Govt Mule
Tedeschi Trucks
Neil Young
AC DC
Jeff Beck