Art Dudley Calls B.S. but without naming names - PLEASE DO!

Hey all,

As someone who hasn't been reading the audiophile press for all that long, I stumbled upon this article that I'm sure it lit up these airwaves when it was first published: https://www.stereophile.com/content/skin-deep

It's a great article and one that any knowledgeable person would most likely agree with, but hey, spending your own hard-earned (or inherited) money is a right and a privilege.  Art does call out some brands that he perceives to give great value:  AMVR, VPL, Conrad-Johnson, DeVore and Harbeth and Kimber and Peachtree and Quicksilver and Rega and Rogue and Spendor and Wavelength.  Shouldn't NAD be on this list?  

But what he doesn't do and I think is warranted, is name the companies that are most egregious in selling high-end products where the performance is far below the cost.  

I, for one, would love to see a list of those manufacturers from the people who read this forum.  You can group them by what they manufacture or just put them in order as you see fit.  I think it would be most helpful in calling b.s. but with "added-value", which is what this whole article was all about.  Right?

128x128lgoler
What you probably don’t realize is that there is a super-massive black hole smack dab in the center of our Milky Way galaxy. By super massive I mean around 4 Million Solar masses in the case of the Milky Way; but black holes can be orders of magnitude larger, even Billions of Solar Masses. Gulp! Not only that there are super-massive black holes in the center of many, if not most, galaxies in the universe. By the way, the $60 phone call has been performed a great many times over distances as long as 10,000 miles which, if my math is correct, is almost half-way around the world. Obviously the operating mechanism - the “force” as you say - is independent of distance. Oh, my! 😬

Kip Thorne of Gravity Wave fame had to correct Carl Sagan’s idea in his book Contact that was to use a black hole to transport Ellie to the very distant planet in Vega. Obviously that wouldn’t work too well. So Carl Sagan used Kip Thorne’s suggestion of a worm hole.
Post removed 
"There are no forces in nature that whose affects are not limited by distance." PERIOD.Kean University...Look it up.Probably everybody knew that anyway.Refer to line 13 and down of Geoffkait listing above.He hopes you are scientifically illiterate enough not to know that there are only 3 forces in nature.
 1.Gravitational: This requires mass (something) really really really huge; for instance  something like a planet or moon to have a profound pull on another object.  
 2.Electrostatics force.This is like when you rub a balloon to a sweater and it builds up a static electricity charge.Only affects thing held close to it. A room away in distance: NO. 10,000 miles away in distance: hell no.
 3.Magnetic force: once again this is limited with distance.A magnet only has a pull over something made of a material its capable of attracting over a relatively short distance. A room away in distance (typically) NO. An ocean away (10,000 miles in distance) Hell No.

So since all forces are limited in distance, ( an irrefutable science fact) unless he has something that hits your eye like a big pizza pie (talking lunar size),sorry my spell-right keeps spelling lunatic and loony; there is no possibility of  having a force that is immune to distance.Of course this is all lunacy even taking time talking about it ; he wants what's in your wallet is the simpler explanation.I hope no one out there really even needed this explanation.BUT THOSE ARE THE SCIENTIFIC FACTS FROM KEAN UNIVERSITY AND ANY UNIVERSITY ON THE PLANET.I personally would not even contemplate anything that crazy.Like I say this explanation probably was not even necessary.What he needs isn't a  foold that's  born any minute.It would take a much rarer one than that.Like I say Geoff Kait, I'm done with this, but quit tempting me ,will you.

Re: my listing above.Excuse the typos I'm in fast mode.Size of the Moon:about 1/3,the size of the earth.If anyone ever would come up with something REAL like that, they would make Bill Gates and every company on the Fortune 500 look like paupers.

You’re the one who said it was a force. I used the word force in quotes. Quantum Teleportation doesn’t involve any force. 😀 The phone call tweak is as real as a colonoscopy without anesthesia. You’re entire post is a Strawman argument. But I like your use of Wikipedia. “Look it up.” Lots of laughs! Besides the gravitational force is a long range force. So even your Strawman argument is wrong. 😀