Arm suggestions to replace Magnepan Unitrac on TD 160 Super

I own a Thorens TD 160 Super with a Magnepan Unitrac 1 arm. The arm needs a major rebuild and I'd like suggestions of a reasonably priced arm/board combination I can fit up while I'm looking for someone to rebuild the Unitrac. Under $1000 is my price range.
audioamy
+++ Jelco SA750 D, but make sure the tonearm cable you choose is plenty flexible as to not impede the sub-chassis suspension.
Here's another alternative:  https://www.audiogon.com/listings/tonearms-tonearm-2017-11-11-analog-eb35783d-8a20-48a9-a1dd-445d7b3...

The Graham 2 is a terrific design and preserves VTA on the fly.  I have the newer Phantom and love it.

I hope you have more success getting your Unitrac repaired than I had with mine.  I put nearly a year into it and finally had to give up.  The 44 gauge Litz wire isn't available anymore and anything else hinders free movement of the arm on the unipivot.  You'll know the wire is shot if you have isolated a ground hum with the arm at rest and/or as it transits the tracking arc when cued up.  You can blow on the arm to move it for checking this.

Good luck no matter what and happy listening!
I think a Graham arm on a TD 160 is extreme overkill and the table would not benefit from this excellent arm. The Jelco or Rega variants are within the price point for this table and can create an excellent end product. 

If you are considering a Graham you should consider a new table first. 
There is another arm that has been getting great press, although, I have no experience with it. I am considering trying one, though. Check out this site: https://designbuildlisten.com/collections/the-wand-classic-tonearm

Here's another arm that popped up today, also with VTA on-the-fly:  https://www.audiogon.com/listings/tonearms-tonearm-2017-11-21-analog#&gid=1&pid=3.

As far as overkill on a TD160 goes, one could readily argue the Unitrac was overkill on it back in the day, too.  IME, the biggest difference to vinyl playback is adjustable VTA OTF.  No two records are the same thickness, and styli have to be in the correct geometric relationship to the grove to allow cartridges to fully and properly transduce motion to electrical signal.  Even a fraction of a millimeter in height makes an audible difference.  And you can only hear that difference clearly when the adjustment is OTF.

Could you get more out of the Graham, or Micro Seki, or even your old Unitrac on a different table?  Sure.  Will the table make as much difference as VTA OTF?  IMO, no.  The TD160 is a good table and if it's mechanically sound, you can mount whatever arm you want on it, enjoy it and then move it to something else if/when you feel the time is right.

Remember always this is a hobby with an infinite variety of viewpoints and yours is the only one that ultimately matters.  So, make the decision you feel is right for you and pursue happy listening!
Here's another arm that popped up today, also with VTA on-the-fly:  https://www.audiogon.com/listings/tonearms-tonearm-2017-11-21-analog#&gid=1&pid=3.

As far as overkill on a TD160 goes, one could readily argue the Unitrac was overkill on it back in the day, too.  IME, the biggest difference to vinyl playback is adjustable VTA OTF.  No two records are the same thickness, and styli have to be in the correct geometric relationship to the grove to allow cartridges to fully and properly transduce motion to electrical signal.  Even a fraction of a millimeter in height makes an audible difference.  And you can only hear that difference clearly when the adjustment is OTF.

Could you get more out of the Graham, or Micro Seki, or even your old Unitrac on a different table?  Sure.  Will the table make as much difference as VTA OTF?  IMO, no.  The TD160 is a good table and if it's mechanically sound, you can mount whatever arm you want on it, enjoy it and then move it to something else if/when you feel the time is right.

Remember always this is a hobby with an infinite variety of viewpoints and yours is the only one that ultimately matters.  So, make the decision you feel is right for you and pursue happy listening!
I have the Jelco SA750 D on a Vinyl Nirvana restore/rebuilt Thorens 160 Super with a Ortofon 2M Bronze cart and it sounds great.  I changed the stock Jelco tonearm cable to a balanced Audio Sensibility cable, running balanced into a Ayre PX5e phono pre-amp.  I haven't heard too many analog rigs, but I think it sounds pretty good.  Good luck!
The Micro Seki is an interesting idea too. The table itself is in very good shape mechanically and cosmetically (well, except the dustcover...) and has served me well.