Arm for Basis 2200?

Hello all,

I'd like to hear your thoughts/opinions and suggestions to my current "dilemma". I am about to plump for a Basis 2200 Signature table. I cannot afford the Vector arm at this point in time so I am considering the Rega RB700. Anything other arm in the (up to) $1000 range I should give a thought to?

My system is all tube with a Cary PH-302 phone stage. Speakers are Vandersteens. My tastes run the gamut, lots of classic rock and orchestral and piano.

Thanks in advance for your input!
Ag insider logo xs@2xolderbrothergert
Thanks for the input, gents. Looks like I'm going to go the Rega route, due to some very generous people on this forum :-) :-) :-)
I'm using Origin Liver Silver on my Basis 1400. Great tonearm for under $1000 used. I would love to eventually get the Vector 4.
Some time ago I listened to such a Basis TT with a rewired Rega RB 300 Arm (I think, from Incognito). It was really good performance.
I'm using a Hadcock 228 export, it is also a drop in with the adapter ring that comes with the tonearm. The set screw in the table secures the arm to the table. I am very happy with this arm and the 2200 sig and have no plans to change until I put the Vector in.

You are going to love this table! Good luck!
My suggestion is to go for a Rega arm, because, eventually you're going to want the Vector. As I'm sure you know, the Vector is a "drop in" replacement for the Rega. So maybe buy one of the rewired Regas on audiogon and save up for a Vector.

The Vector is intense.