Are we all destined to be "womenless" audiophiles?

Hey y'all, I am just curious if there are any women in this hobby? I have had women over who seem to enjoy my system, but I have only met one woman audiophile in the last three years...and she was really into it! It would be great if I could meet a young lady who was into this hobby and make something of it! I get pretty lonely sitting in the sweet-spot all by myself.
bearotti

Showing 3 responses by robm321

I agree with Honest1. Threads that I've read with women involved, always seem to have guys groping and acting like awkward jr. high boys that don't know what to say but are trying for their attention with stupid jokes that are painful to read.

It's pathetic and scary for women, me thinks. Next time a woman posts, treat her like one of the guys!
Rumney510,

"Put your system out in the open so everyone can enjoy it - women and children also."

That sounds good in theory, but I imagine that if you decide you want to listen to what you want to listen to at the time and volume you want to listen to it, then what makes you think everyone else wants to listen to what you want to listen to when and at the volume you want to listen to it. (run on sentence record?).

"how can you enjoy music if its not a shared experiance?"

Just listen and enjoy without interuption.

Don't get me wrong. Family comes first, but you can enjoy your thing as long as you keep a healthy balance and spend time with the family first.