Are scratch LPs part of the game ?

Hi guys,

I noticed that some of my new LPs after a few weeks of playing gets some fine and medium scratches.
I'm very careful when removing them in and out of their plastic/paper sleeves.
despite of them i can see some scratches on the LP surface.
Is there a technique in handling these so that there will be no scratches at all ?
Although the scratches are not deep enough for the needle to jump or skip. It just irritating.
Is this part of the game or is there proper method of handling them ?
I also feel sometimes on brand new sealed LPs that when you remove an LP back from the sleeve that there is some sort of friction between the LP and sleeve-possibly some scratches happening. Again, is this something that can be done to minimize the scratches or this is part of law of physics (Friction) ?
Hoping some enlightenment.

Cheers-Noli
nolitan

Showing 4 responses by mt10425

Elizabeth is absolutely correct. That's why there's more florescent lighting in record stores than, even, incandescent. Often, when I get home and get a good look at what I bought...well, it's only money.
Has2be-So...you take a lamp LP shopping with you? Maybe you just ask record shop owners to put in a skylight before you'll shop there? Maybe florescent is cheaper, but it sure doesn't help identify record flaws before buying. ;-)
Has-You're WAAAY too serious for me. I enjoy simple pleasures and normalcy. Oh, and the occasional slightly flawed LP. Enjoy.
Yep, read them all. I guess I need to be a crackhead to get a better feel for your perspective. Enjoy the week. We're starting with about 3-4 inches of snow, Yipee.