Are New Sony SCD XA5400es Players Still Available?

Hello to all,

I am considering purchasing a new Sony SCD XA5400es. I am finding some rather odd information on the Internet and Audiogon. I am seeing Audiogoners saying the player is out of production and I am seeing others selling new players below the normal retail price of $1500. I also found a price on eCost.com that is for just under $900.

Does anyone know if there are “knock-of “ players in the market people may be selling or are the players actually available at these good prices?

Thanks for any feedback.
okimike23

Showing 1 response by drdennis

I am selling a 5400ES. I bought two, and I am having one modified (VSE). I have decided to keep another player, that also does Blue Ray, so I am selling one. The Manager of The Sony store told me it was out of production. About six weeks ago he was able to locate only three players in inventory in the US. It is possible that dealers and distributers have stockpiled these players, as they are highly rated, and we will be seeing them for sale for some time. Anyone who has a collection of SACD's will want to be certain that they have a good player for future use.