Are my standards too high?

Dear Gang,

I have heard a number of box speakers and only the cream of the crop are just about tolerable. In other words there is nothing out there that can truly impress me regardless of price. 

The KEF LS50 is a state of the art world class loudspeaker. It has won multiple awards and is used by John himself. A few years ago I decided to go and listen to a pair to see what the fuss was about. They were not setup perfectly but there was no bass. All i could hear was typical uneven ported bass response. The highs were a bit bright and off axis response was uneven. Horrible. I then got a chance to hear the kef Ref ones which were supposed to be the finest speaker that could be made by mankind. They failed to impress me. No bass at all. Then i heard the blades and finally i heard proper bass below 40hz. But the blades were not perfect either. And given their cost they should have been perfect. They didnt sound very refined. Imaging was a bit average. 

Gang, I have come to the realization that either most speakers out there are a hoax (overpriced and overrated) OR my standards are simply so high that the worlds finest 'peaker engineers cannot produce anything that can satisfy my perfect standards. 

The only answer to this riddle is to train audiophiles to understand that the speakers currently on the market are substandard goods.We need to also attract better quality minds to the world of speaker design and weed out the people that dont know what theyre doing. There are obviously some people who are better at doing things than others. Am I right? If we can get rid of the worst speaker designers out there and replace them with superior designers, then we will end up with much better speakers on the market for us to enjoy. Its a win win
kenjit
LOL, if my browser is not messing with me I see 50 thread starters with only 9 remaining.  That is an outstanding deletion rate.  Reminds me of some other characters that were here back in the early days from 1999 to 2009.

https://forum.audiogon.com/users/kenjit

Please just go find another hobby that you enjoy. Your weekly whiney rant is tiresome.
Are your standards too high?  YES, also not based in any reality I have encountered.  As for your 'perfect' standards, sounds like the 'perfect' sound of early CDs.  As for this infatuation with sub-40 Hz, are you actually listening to material with content in that range or do you just want a Disco/Hip-Hop thump.  Personally, I think you made the whole damn thing up.