Are manufacturers having discussions removed from Audiogon if they turn negative?

I have mostly been taking part of this forum occasionally, and from a distance if you will.  I have to admit I don't really know the kind of things that can go on, disputes or disagreements that can occur.  I have occasionally done searches in this forum using the search function to only come upon a thread that has been removed, oddly enough.

I have seen some discussions, and taken part in some others that become somewhat of a debate on certain brands, and they have become critical in some instances.  Usually fans of the brand in question rush to the defence, and from what I've seen, a healthy discourse occurs, with back and forth and occasional posts removed.  I'm thinking of smaller internet direct manufacturers such as your Emotivas, Schiit Audio, Ascend Acoustics and the like.

What I'm wondering is, have such companies had negative discussions stopped or removed?  Has anyone been part of similar discussions in which moderators suddenly step in and either lock or completely remove a discussion?

213runnin
elizabeth
I can add that individual post in certain ’commercially driven’ ie to sell that product threads, particularly the black goo and the magic bits of paper threads are being controlled by the folks who offer the gizmos for sale.
In practice, I think it's the moderators that control the threads. But they will delete off-topic posts, or deliberately argumentative posts, if alerted.
The posts removed for obscenities etc by the audiogon staff leave behind the empty spacer, the posts otherwise removed leave no trace.
Are you sure? I've never noticed that.
dill
It would be nice if the person that posted the original $12,000 Tekton, failure to ship thread, posted here when or if he ever received the speakers.
Given that the user had just joined Audiogon before creating that thread, that his few posts were confined to that thread, and that he then deleted his own thread (according to the moderators), it's not likely we'll be hearing from him again. This forum gets these "drive by" users every so often and their claims are often suspect, as in this instance.
Post removed 
elizabeth
Never noticed?? Plenty of threads, particularly the 'why power cords, or interconnect' type threads have a lot of small blank spaces between remaining posts where the obscenities and personal insult type posts have been removed.
Oh yes, I've noticed that for sure. I thought you meant that some posts were deleted so as to leave no evidence. I'm sorry if I misunderstood you.
The off topic are not generally removed.. unless complained about AND the moderator agrees.
Yes, agreed.
...the Tekton thread ... vanished, I would guess it was done by the op of the thread.
That is what a moderator stated.
Post removed