Are Maggies Cat Proof?

HEY GANG, HAVE BEEN LOOKING INTO PICKING UP A PAIR OF USED MAGGIES IN THE NEXT COUPLE MONTHS. PROBLEM IS MY LIVE IN GIRLFRIENDS CAT "WHICH IS DECLAWED" LIKES TO USE MY PRESENT SPEAKERS AS A SCRATCHING PAD. FORTUNATLY THE POLK AUDIOS I HAVE HAVE NOT BEEN AFFECTED OTHER THAN STRETCHED OUT CLOTH COVERS IN SPOTS. IM WONDERING IF THE MAGGIES WOULD GET TRASHED OR DAMAGED FROM THE SAME ABUSE. I KNOW A GOOD WAY TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM BUT GETTING RID OF THE CAT IS OUT OF THE QUESTION. BELIEVE ME I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING I.E. I THINK IM ALLERGIC ECT. DID NOT WORK.
clevelandhifi
You should have lined-naugahyde ,zipper backed covers made just to keep dust from accumulating on the panels. Cats hate walking on or getting near aluminum foil,place it around speakers on floor or carpet.Ugly to look at but it conditioned our 3 from walking table,furniture and counters.
BTW cats love to sharpen using cardboard.
yeah some of those ideas sound pretty good. luckily there were two cats up to this past spring and one kicked the bucket. how sad.. he was sick with something. i remember one day im sitting there watching tv and the cat that passed away is sitting on top of my polks and starts meowing. i look over and i get to see a side profile as the cat takes a dump right on top of the speaker. now this happend shortly before it passed which is lucky for it because i was thinking ways to get even. oh well one down and one to go.