Are high sample rates making your music sound worse?

ishkabibil
Snopes? Yeah, that’s a real reliable source. 😛 This must be your first rodeo, cowpoke. 🤠

mzkmxcv
371 posts
This poster is an example of people who JUST DO NOT LISTEN, either to music or other people. I am surprised anyone has risen to such a nonsense debate to continue his moronic thoughts. A highly skilled engineer of mine built an amp for me that has exactly the same measurements as another Bryston amp I had. Did it sound the same? Of course not ... Hang on, it must be my ears that are faulty! And the poster should buy better equipment before labelling ALL equipment the  same. Seems he has less quality equipment to match his inferior thoughts.
Playback Design Up-samples everything to DSD then sends it to the analog section of the DAC, this applies to any file format.
If a DSD disc sounds better than disc X who cares whether it’s because of the DSD per se or because of a better mastering job? Hel-loo!
tatyana69
mzkmxcv This poster is an example of people who JUST DO NOT LISTEN, either to music or other people. 
Quite so, as he admits:
You don’t even need measurement gear, all you need is a program that loads the two digital files and shows you the difference between them