Are cable recommendations worth anything?

I am a Denafrips dac owner. I use the Denafrips Facebook site for the same reasons I use this site.

Discourse, basic information and hopefully some enlightenment.
Recently one of the contributors asked the default question of "Can you recommend RCA cable brands that match well with Denafrips from dac to amplifier?"

Am I the only person that is confused when someone asks an open-ended question like this about cables?The sheer variety of "highly recommended" cables, lends me to believe that the cables are much less important to the sound than the component itself. Recommendations ran the gamut from the Tellurium Q Black Diamond cables at $1,100 CDN per metre, to the Blue Jeans cables at about $50 CDN per metre.

How does that make sense and how can this possibly help the poor slob that asked the question?
128x128tony1954

Showing 6 responses by tony1954

@soix 

According to your profile you have asked 32 questions, but have provided 3,208 responses. According to those metrics, it seems that there are very few instances of you not sharing your opinion.

"I’d never approach someone like that by being mean or dismissive, and I always try to provide sincere help to everyone I respond to here"

"Garbage in, garbage out.  He got exactly what he deserved IMO."

Yes, very sincere.

@soix 

20+ years of doing something does not necessarily make someone more caring or more willing to answer a simple question Sometimes it just makes them jaded. Have a good night and remember to wear a mask.
@soix 

You are certainly bright enough to understand that not everyone is capable of conveying the minutiae of what they are looking for as eloquently as yourself. It is also true that someone relatively new to this site probably hasn't learned how inflexible, arrogant and abusive some of the other participants are. How they overreact to anything that isn't exactly in line with their beliefs and how they believe that everyone else is an idiot. Despite this inherent arrogance, they seem incapable of just ignoring a topic, but instead they need to rub the OP's nose in it.
Sorry, but I am not a fan of this type of conduct when someone asks a legitimate question.

@soix 

I took your advice and read through your previous responses and I humbly offer you my apologies. Unfortunately, I overreacted to a perceived lack of character that doesn't exist and for that I am truly sorry.
Despite what you may think, this is not what I am about and I hope you can forgive my rudeness.