Are Bowers and Wilkins speakers overpriced?

I see a lot of negative commentary on B&W. Why? Are they overpriced? Do they not sound as amazing as they look? Are they too “main stream”? - I love my 805 d3’s but curious why they get such a bad rep. 
paulgardner
Yes they are overpriced. All speakers are.
Disagree.  I bought a pair of used 1984 Klipschorns in 2001 from audioclassics.com for $3,000.  Fair price...good deal. 

I could never had made a pair of speakers that good for the same price in research, materials, time, and effort.

Then, in 2019, I bought the Volti Audio upgrade package for the Khorns for $4,800.  I have yet to install the upgrade, but I have a feeling that it will be difficult to achieve a better sound for any price once they're dialed in.

All speakers are not overpriced.
paulgardner

Another + vote for the 805 model. I owned a pair from the generation prior to Diamond Tweeter series.

Happy Listening!
Lots of speakers are over priced.

then again, to those whom are blessed with a great job, and an amazing income, it is a non issue.
regular blue collar who make 38-50K a year, it’s an issue.

im in the blue collar range, just an average American hardworking patriot.  I search for deals, ......

if you. Have the scratch, hell yes I would enjoy some nice Dynaudio C4’s, probably not in this life.   Maybe after retirement I can start saving and work a week here and there to save for a wicked pair of speakers.   

Im VERY happy with what I have now.
ive never been happier than the two stereo systems I use nowadays.
I don't know that ALL are overpriced.
I'm pretty sure I got a fair shake when I bought my ESLs from 2 different brick & mortar dealers. The 10" 2 ways for $240, the 6' 3 ways for $900.
You'd have to pay ME to replace them with B & W's.
If THAT is too much then just do without and quit baby ballin'.
To the Bolsheviks on this forum, consider the mouths that are fed on the retail dollar. Markups at every level support the workers in the field of Hi-Fi!  The design engineers at their CAD workstations, the woodworkers, the machinists, the Packaging company, the warehouse men, the shipping people, the importers, the schleps at your local dealer, the sales people and the owners that pay them to demo for you and handle your business,...all make their living on the retail price of whatever speaker you’re buying. So if you look at the parts cost of the drivers, crossovers, and guess at what the cabinet is worth and come up well South of retail, well...don’t be surprised. 
If you want professionally designed, beautifully built, well supported products, you have to pay for all that is required to create them. All this, by the way, is why I built my own!
I am a Bolshevik too.