Are Audioengine A2+ worth it for £240?

I'm planning on upgrading my desktop audio setup from just a pair of headphones to some good quality speakers for general listening.

I've got my eyes on the A2+, because of their small size (which would fit very well in my current PC setup, and some good reviews I've been reading about them. Also they are Bluetooth compatible, which is very useful for me :)

However, the price I can find them for at the moment is £239 (I'm in the UK). I'm wondering if this is worth it for the quality of these. The size and aesthetic is quite important, and I'm willing to pay that amount for them, but ONLY if they are actually worth it as opposed to alternatives.

I have been looking into some alternatives such as the Wharfedale 9.0s and Edifier R1280DB, and also JBL 104s. However, their size is too large for my current setup. Are there any powered speakers (or passive, but DAC/AMP included in the same price) in a similar size? If not, then I'll just dive in :)

reene11

I'm planning on upgrading my desktop audio setup from just a pair of headphones to some good quality speakers for general listening.

I've got my eyes on the A2+, because of their small size (which would fit very well in my current PC setup, and some good reviews I've been reading about them. Also they are Bluetooth compatible, which is very useful for me :)

However, the price I can find them for at the moment is £239 (I'm in the UK). I'm wondering if this is worth it for the quality of these. The size and aesthetic is quite important, and I'm willing to pay that amount for them, but ONLY if they are actually worth it as opposed to alternatives https://tweakbox.mobi/ https://vlc.onl .

I have been looking into some alternatives such as the Wharfedale 9.0s and Edifier R1280DB, and also JBL 104s. However, their size is too large for my current setup. Are there any powered speakers (or passive, but DAC/AMP included in the same price) in a similar size? If not, then I'll just dive in :)

I got this,...