Are all speaker relays removable? One receiver with two relays?

Hi there, I mean if all speaker relay COVERS are removable. I have a Yamaha AX-730 and suspect it needs some cleaning. I tried to use two nails as levers to lift the black plastic cover but it seems it can’t be removed. Not sure if I should apply more force, being afraid I may have in fact loosened the solder. Do some speaker relays have fixed covers so they have to be desoldered for cleaning? Or by cutting a hole on the cover for cleaning?

I also find a black box of the same size and shape above the relay (please see the photo) but without any identification on it. What is that?
jp2020

Showing 2 responses by jp2020

Thanks, Erik, judging by the photo I posted, do you think the black plastic cover of the relay can be pulled off? If so, I am thinking to clean the relay with a strip of thick paper with electrical cleaner without removing the relay itself.
Does replacement require soldering in my case? (I didn't see any socket) My concern is that I am not sure if the relay is still good as the symptom is gone. A few days ago the left channel became very quiet but if I fed the right preamp-out to the left main-in (jumper), the left became normal. Then the problem disappeared "by itself" after, I believe, unplugging and plugging the power cord. After that I did a general cleaning of the front knobs and rear connectors. So far both channels have been working well with many deliberate plugging in and out and powering on and off. Maybe I should wait and observe for a while before taking any further action? "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"?