Arcam DV 137 vs. Denon DVD 3910

Hi everyone my pioneer elite vsx 27tx receiver died last week, so rather than repairing it I decided to buy the Arcam AVR 300, it was a NOS unit and the price was great.
So now I am debating replacing my Denon dvd 3910 to the Arcam dv 137. So my question is, will I notice a big difference in video and audio ? or are they pretty well a
close run? I may only get $400.00 for my Denon and the Arcam is close to $2000.00 after taxes are included. I would rather save the $1600.00 if I can.
slates

Showing 1 response by jeffkad

Get a used 3930 here at agon and send it to The Upgrade Company to be modded. This way you get the best of all worlds, Denon reliability (built like a tank, compare chassis to arcam!), Denon video quality, and sound quality upgraded to close to state of art (or at least to 4k-5k dvps). I just got a used 3930ci from Dave at upgrade co and, although it's not yet broken in, i must say the SQ is amazing. I'm hearing details, textures, that I've never heard before. I know I'm sounding like a shill, but i really am impressed with the result, and it was from people here at agon that I got the idea in the first place, so I'm sharing my experience. I was scared to death that i wasn't going to like it and was all set to buy a used Esoteric dv50 or dv60 for alot more money, but I took the risk. Very happy with my decision. Just my two cents. Good luck, don't think you'll be unhappy with any of your choices.