Arcam CD17 or Oppo BDP 103?

Looking to get a new CD player for my system consisting of Arcam AVR 280 amp and SA Mantra 50 speakers.
The Arcam CD17 or the Oppo BDP103 can be had for $500.
Either player will be used for CD play back only.
Which one should I pick?
If CD only, why waste money on a DVD? However, the 103 will play flash drives, portable hard drives and even stream from your PC. Quite a flexible unit with a nice remote and great customer service too.
If it's really CD only, I would get the Arcam. No TV needed for setup and you can use one Arcam remote for the whole system. Plus, dedicated players are usually better than multi-format on CD replay.
+ 1 on getting a quality CDP instead of a Blu ray spinner

As good as the OPPO is for playing movies, the ARCAM or other standalone cdp will best it for music .... Hands down

The latter quality-built gear generally have far superior DACs and power supplies compared to a Blu ray player.

let's also remember everything is built to a price point

There mare many other similar redbook and SACD players to consider: REGA, NAIM etc.
Good hunting.
It depends on how you'll connect the player to the AVR.

If you use a digital connection, then the analog section of the player isn't involved. The sonics will be determined by the AVR.

If you use an analog connection, then the analog section of the player will determine the sonics. In that case I assume that the Arcam would likely be more appealing. This assumes the AVR isn't digitizing the analog inputs.
Thanks for the response and I ended up getting the Arcam CD17 and very happy.