Arcam AVR300 w/Legacy Focus 20/20's?

Will an Arcam AVR300 have enough power to drive Legacy Focus 20/20's properly? I realize they can handle and probably need much more power but am wondering if I can still have good results with the AVR300.

Thanks for any input.
asahitoro

Showing 1 response by fplanner2000

I own Legacy 20/20s which have become my rears now that I have Whispers. IMO you will be underbuying with the Sig IIIs - their bass and performance, while decent, doesn't touch the 20/20s. The Focus will also be a much better speaker to "grow into" and "build around" as your other components, cables, etc improve over time. For the price difference, IMO its a no-brainer.

As far as room size is concerned, mine is 20x20 with a sloping ceiling from 12' to 7' and the Focus sound excellent in it. The key, as a prior poster has stated, is to make sure you have enough current going to the speakers. If by some chance the Arcam doesn't get it done, there are probably several hundred other amps that will drive the Focus wonderfully and aren't very expensive used. When I was using the Focus as front speakers, I was driving them with a Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature amp (800w x5) and the speakers just sang. Currently using a McCormack DNA-500 on the Whispers, bi-wired and the sound is magnificent.

Good luck and hope this helps.