ARC users please

I have been trying many different budget preamps just for the fun of it. I have stumbled upon a Audio Research SP7.
This thing sounds amazing. Any preamp under $1000.00 that I put in my system doesn't come close to the sound of the SP7.
Everything else I try sounds like it is in mono compared to the SP7. I don't know how to describe the difference. The sound is more alive and every instrument is in place.
My question, is this a signiture ARC sound ?
I have read good and bad reviews of the LS3. So I am not sure if I need to look for a certain model to upgrade to, but still keep that synergy in my system that I have now.
Thanks, Scott
scottht
Ecclectique thanks.My 99 should be coming soon.Heard mostly good comments about the unit,some bad ones too.I'll see for myself.It will be my first tube pre.I was also looking at SLP-98L or First sound but $$$.The LS3B will definitely stay to keep company to my Mark Levinson 27.5.
Cheers
George
Hi, Any one compare between Arc ls5 and the vk 3i they are both tubes pre? Just wonder if either of them will fix good in VTL delux 300. Any input will be very appreciated.
I heard alot people doing biamp??? How is that hook up? What is the advantage of it?. Thanks for any input.
A few years back Stereophile gave the LS9 a very positive review stating it was ARC's best solid state pre-amp to date. I never heard the unit but its ergonomics intrigue me; no balance contol, XLR and rca inputs and outputs, a rather purist design at a moderate price point.
Can anyone offer opinions on it?