ARC sp9,Krell ksa250,Infinity Kappa8. Problems?

I have had the Infinity Kappa8 speakers for a bit over a year. They are in great shape. New midrange drivers etc. I liked them a lot,even with a blown Polydome. I have grown to love them since the repair. I was fortunate to buy them locally, along with a moderately high current amp, the Luxman M117(200 wpc), so I've been having a great time, listening every day.
This forum has kept me both enthused and informed for the past year. I bought a record cleaner. Thanks! I've had the Krell KSA-250 on my mind since the first time I searched the forums;The Audio Research SP-9 is similarly stuck in my mind. Since the SP-9 is the more affordable and available piece I hope to purchase one very soon. I have no doubt that I'll have a Krell within the next year or two.
Unless you all tell me not to go that route. I am looking for feedback,about this combination in general;Do the ARC and Krell "match"? I am also looking for input specifically about the sp-9;What should I expect from my system with the ARC/Luxman combo?
Moreso, I am very interested in the answers to questions I didn't know to ask. Looking forward.
manged3

Showing 1 response by thorman

can't vouch for the krell but had a sp-9 and it almost made my ears bleed! Be carefull matching it up . Great dynamics,but can be hard on the ears with digital..