ARC REF150 & WILSON SASHA 1

Has anyone tried this combo?
Or can anyone direct me to a thread which covers this.
I can find comments on Alexia but not much on Sasha1.

I currently have Sasha1 with Bryston 14BSST2
I am about to purchase an ARC REF150 but am not sure if it will be enough for the Sasha1.

Thank you
128x128rob67

Showing 4 responses by knghifi

Hmm!  Been using REF250 4 ohm tab to drive my TAD E1s. Going to try 8 ohm tab and see if I hear any differences.
I tried running off 8 ohm tab and doesn't sound as good as the 4 ohm tab.  It's more open, airy, bigger sound stage but lacks weight, impact, texture and color.   

Bought amp new and only used 4 ohm tab so more time on 8 ohm tab will help with texture and maybe weight but sound stage is bigger than life.

@gpgr4blu how does the sound differs between 4 and 8 ohm tabs with Sashas?
rob67,

Try a 10g Furutech FP-S55N Power cable with NCF connectors, it will dramatically improve the bass.  I use them on my ARC Ref250 and from wall to power distributors.  PM me if interested and I can recommend a dealer for possible home demo.

Another option is get a pair of Ref250 with KT150.   The bass is comparable to my Hegel H30 summer amp.   
rob67, Definitely checkout the Furutech.  I was planning to buy 2 Rel G1 MKII subs until adding 2 FP-S55N from wall the power distributors.  

I had Shunyata Alpha HC and Sigma HC on the Ref250 and they're very good PCs.  You can't go wrong with either brand.

FWIW, ARC voices their components with Sain Cables and Shunyata.